korider.com | Hyosung Motorcycle Owners Forum

'06 GT650r in Texas

Rangerscott · 41 · 6536

Offline umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
wow! that's really crooked.

Who ever sold you that on the sly is one dishonest prick.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Offline humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Yeah...they probably should be given some aftermarket klunge camber on their existing vehicle :P

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
To be honest I doubt he even knew.  The chain looked like it had never been cleaned or lubed since factory assembled.   It was missing a ton of o-rings.

Its more my fault for not looking more closely.   O well.  The swingarm only cost me $40.

Offline humanballistics

• Scraping the pegs
Yeah fairy nuff :) and now you can swim over here and help me do it if i ever need :P

sent using tapatalk on my magic oblong.

06 GT250

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Got the led blinkers on, new mirrors, the igntion switch swapped out and tank cap with one that actually work with a key, and dielectical greased all connections.

Got a used chain in the mail, waiting on led relay, and planning on putting on an oem master cylinder since the kid put on a different one that has no brake like switch.   Also got a pair of front calipers for cheap that I might swao out.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Got the master cylinder swapped out.  Found out when bleeding the front brakes, un-bolt the front brake joint on the lower tree and shake it to let the air out of the lines.

Did a charging test and either my stator or Rectifier is dead.  More testing to be done.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Late update.

Ended up using a ninja 250 stator and a mofset rectifier.

Brakes suck so either going to get some ebc sinister pads or make brackets for better calipers on the front.   Rear is fine as I dont want an over powered caliper Ive seen some do on here.  Sucks having the rear lock up too easy.

Planning on checking out the Jets in the carbs.  Definitely need bigger Idle jets but may be fine on main jets after doing spark plug checks.

Started covering the ugly.  Found a deal on some cans of krylon super maxx.  Color is gloss true blue.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:43:08 AM by Rangerscott »

Offline umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
How is it you can get rattle can paint to look so good?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Take your time with multiple thin coats.   I still have to wet sand it to make it glass smooth, add more coats, repeat, then go to clear coating.