korider.com | Hyosung Motorcycle Owners Forum

'06 GT650r in Texas

Rangerscott · 41 · 6537

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Got '15 forks and some 6 piston calipers heading my way.

Hope they fit in the older triple tree.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
The 6 piston calipers have too wide of a bolt pattern so got some 4 calipers off a 929.

Took apart the '15 forks, cleaned everything, and reassemblied using the '06 upper tubes.  Just waiting for the bad weather to go away and not working late to get the bike back together.

Also got a deal on a '15 rear wheel with new tire, sprocket and rotor.   Will just need to paint the front tire black to match.

Offline umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Rangerscott,

Any weight difference on the '15 rear wheel?
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Doubt it.  Looks the same as any other year.

Offline umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
It must be the '16s then that have the different looking wheels. They look a LOT lighter.
I used to be a sensitive, new age guy, but times have changed and now I am more of a caring, understanding, ninties type.

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
It must be the '16s then that have the different looking wheels. They look a LOT lighter.

Yea.  The '16's have way better looking wheels.   They look like billet wheels.

Got the forks all painted up.  Letting them dry tonight.

Offline umop-ǝpisdn

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Pazzo.

As a suggestion, while you have access to all the lines, take the plunge and go braided. You'll love the difference.

..and with regard to tightening the lever perch, or brake MC, tighten both sides as equally as possible, that will solve the scenario u describe. Get it to a point where you're getting close-ish, then half a turn each side until it's tight.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:28:23 PM by umop-ǝpisdn »

Offline Rangerscott

• Goodbye chickenstrips!
Pazzo.

As a suggestion, while you have access to all the lines, take the plunge and go braided. You'll love the difference.

..and with regard to tightening the lever perch, or brake MC, tighten both sides as equally as possible, that will solve the scenario u describe. Get it to a point where you're getting close-ish, then half a turn each side until it's tight.

I know that.  The 929 clamp has less gap that the hyo's.

Looks like Im gonna have to coat the tank.  Too much rust fir me to ignore.

Offline Joss

• Grinding the pipes
    • Website
In regards to your calipers and getting the old pitted black paint out, an ultrasonic cleaner will remove that. Don't use any acids (vinegar etc) that will remove your anodizing, just use some washing up liquid or TFR. An old toothbrush will also help.